Translate

Monday, October 6, 2014

Zoal. The stuff of my imagination

It's basically psychic gas. Let me explain. In an effort to divorce myself from traditional magic in video games which at best amounts to being able to shoot fire from your finger tips and at worst is a convenient plot device that solves everything. Now don't get me wrong I love all that stuff, I was just a bit tired of it.
Zoal on the other hand is a derivative of the Aether (the constantly bubbling physical and mental energies of the universe). It comes through the barrier that separates the worlds from the Aether. Because it contains a mental component the same as the Aether it can be manipulated using only mental energies.
For practical uses Zoal adopts the same properties as an ideal gas. It can be used as a gust to push and pull objects. It can be formed into a dense cloud that super heats the air. At high pressures it becomes a liquid and assumes properties of liquids. As a high pressure liquid it can even break stone and slice clean through metal. In combat or in day to day life people also use it to reinforce their bodies, where they transform their bodies and muscles into pneumatic systems capable of moving at faster speeds and moving extremely heavy objects. I haven't though of all the possibilities yet, but I hope you can consider it an interesting twist on the usual frost, fire, light, and dark spells prevalent throughout most magic orientated games. And if you can think of some extra cool uses please share them.

No comments:

Post a Comment