Translate

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Job system

I just now realized it should be "a" srpg not "an". Uggh idiot! Oh well. My internal grammar review is appalling as usual. If you see an error please correct me. It helps me learn. Nevertheless I must sally onwards!
For my game I have thought of implementing a universal job system not unlike Final Fantasy Tactics. My system, however, will include civilian jobs that are vital to the maintenance of the player town. These jobs will allow for the creation of new weapons, buildings, and produce food and housing necessary to maintain an armed force. These jobs can be fielded in the case of an emergency defense, but will generally be very weak in combat. I'll list some civilian and combat jobs I've decided on.

Civilian jobs: Farmer, Doctor, Builder, Smith, Shield, Performer, and Priest/Philosopher, and Teacher.

Combat jobs: Spearman, Yoroi, Swordsman, Spear thrower, Monster hunter/Scout, Praelia, Spirit talker, Zoalist, Entropist, Corrupted Spirit talker, and Combat Engineer.

Generic characters can be recruited from the village and change to any job. As characters kill enemies, build buildings, heal wounds, or conduct performances their experience grows and they gain job levels, which gives them new abilities, and provides job based augments to core stats. Non-generic characters cannot assume any job, but they have higher stats than generics. They also must be recruited in campaigns or missions, instead of from the village.
I want each job to fulfill a vital strategic role with as little overlap as possible. I hope to achieve this while still having fun, colorful, and maybe even OP jobs in the game. Wait and See.

No comments:

Post a Comment