Translate

Sunday, October 5, 2014

Introductions

This is my inaugural post. I will try over time to explain what I have created and what I mean to create in the future. But first back story, and then a proposal.

My favorite genre of video game is the srpg (strategy role-playing game). I happily and irrevocably spent my childhood years on titles like: Final Fantasy tactics, Tactics Ogre, Disgaea, X com, Fallout, Heroes of Might and Magic III, Baldur's gate (which I consider tactical), Fire Emblem, La Pucelle, Soul Nomad, Wasteland, Front Mission 4, Wesnoth, and more recently Shadowrun Returns and The Banner Saga.

Now with the advent of widespread indie game development I have decided to make my own game. A game that I hope strays away from the typical cliches of the genre and opens up a new vibrant world of my own design. My primary vocational faculties, however, are that of a writer and I am only secondarily a programmer. I've decided to program in C++ and use the FIF engine. Progress may be slow going but I hope that with some help I can open up and present the story I desperately want to tell. Maybe some of you would like to come with me. More definitely to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment