Translate

Monday, October 20, 2014

Some more advanced aspirations

For the game I want to have a highly situational adaptive AI. I want it to be hard and if possible recognize and counteract obvious player strategies. Right now that's just a dream, but I think I'll start by having different enemy jobs behave based on their map. Behaving defensively, targeting weakened characters, forming a blockade around spell casters and leaders, that sort of thing.

I would also love to include more jobs in the game. I have a fair amount now that all fill different roles but it still seems sparse to me. Job evolution and branching is also a possibility.

Siege weapons and Zoal shields are something I'd like to include to help the player counteract especially fortified battle fields.

Finally animated "alive" battlefields are my ultimate stretch goal. I doubt I'll get there but it's good to dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment