Translate

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Important name change and update

Although no one seems to care, save me. I will be changing the terrible place holder name "zoal" and replacing it with a more fit name. Aer. I like this name better for a vast slew of reasons. Here goes:
  • It sounds like air and since Aer (formerly Zoal but here forth only referred to as Aer) is like a telekinetic gas it fits better with the gas/steam motif.
  • In greek mythology "aether" is the upper air that the gods breathe as oppose to the lower terrestrial "aer".
  • In the game's universe aether is the pure physical/psychic energy that populates the spirit realm and aer is a less volatile derivative substance that bleeds through into the physical realms.
  • Thus I create a somewhat relevant mythological allusion while also reinforcing the gas motif, all in word that is far more pleasant to say.
Now no one probably cares but me. But here it is. I will probably go back and change all the past mentions of zoal but I'm also really busy so that might not happen for awhile.

An update on our progress:
The gameplay demo is coming along but programming has been slow. We are still exploring artistic options for the concepts, backgrounds, and sprites that will be in the game. I'm very busy and so is our writer so script progress will be slow at least for December. We have, however, completely written the prologue and tutorial as well as outlined all of Route A. In January I will return from Europe so that's when progress will really take off. I foresee the entire project taking about 2-2.5 years. I hope that's not a huge disappointment and that everyone can wait that long to play the game.

Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment